Writing an effective summary is what you should learn if you want to make your life easier as a professional or as a student who was assigned to perform the summarization of content, a book or a report, among other types of contents for summarization. In this case, you may want to learn of the best ways on how to summarize effectively. There are tips to remember and they are listed here. If you’re ready, let’s begin learn how to summarize for your task.
Steps to Writing an Effective Summary to Wow Your Readers
- Read and understand well, the first step to write the effective summary. It is more of your understanding of the content to help you with the task. Your life would be so much easier if you know what you’re doing, meaning that your work will be lighter if you could write the main points of the passage, book or chapter with thorough understanding.
- Begin with the author’s name and the title of the content to work on. Don’t miss on the main topic to write. It should be restated in your own words and not using the synonyms of the words written by the author.
- Write shorter than the length of the original text. This is a summary and not the whole story.
- Check out the important points you have mentioned to ensure that you are not missing an important detail needed to complete your summary.
- Do not write your opinion; the summary is not the place for it. Use only the information the author used and not inject any of your ideas.
- Write based from your target readers, so avoid jargons and hard to understand language.
- Delete unnecessary details to avoid clouding up your summary with irrelevant details.
Start Writing an Effective Summary
There you have the most important things about how to summary that your audience or readers will surely appreciate. Also find useful tips for separate task of summarization of data. Never miss other tips to use in writing a good summary that does not miss any data needed for better understanding without the readers having to read the entire content.