Having skills in summarizing is important because you can able to have a great output. Any type of summarizing is important including case study summary, literature summary, and if you need to provide a summary of what have been discussed, you can follow these tips.
How to Summarize a Conversation
When it comes to conversations with good summary, you need to know some things. Check this out!
- What you have discussed
- What did you agreed on
- When is the time you need to follow up
- When did you say you going to meet
Here are additional things that you need to know when you need know how to summarize a conversation. This is important to know so that you will not have a hard time, you no longer need to be frustrated and thinking for a whole day what you need to do.
- Introduce the summary that means you need to inform the person that you are going to make a summary of what have been discussed.
- Summarize what you have been discussed in a concise or straight to the point manner. Do not cloud it with any unnecessary details because it is only a summary of your conversation. You only need to mention those things that are important and necessary. In summarizing, you need to include three things that include facts, the information as well as agreements.
- It is important to check the understanding of other people. If you want a successful outcome, you need to know that people should understand what you are summarizing. There is no point if you cannot remember any of your discussion.
In order to know if you have summarized correctly, you need to know if the other person agrees on what you have summarized. This also allows you to have an accurate summary. Regardless, there are helpful things or factors you need to know when you are summarizing a conversation. You need to be aware of what will you do, what you should do and how you going to write. If you don’t have any ideas on how to summarize from the first step, just check out some tips. If you are ready to get started, do it now!